J E N S M O L L E T T L T D . P R I V A C Y P O L I C Y
Below we detail information regarding the personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device.
This includes the following:
• Information you provide to obtain access to resources on our website.
• Your marketing preferences.
• The emails and other communications that you send to us or otherwise contribute, such as feedback and enquiries. Please be aware that information on public parts of our site is available to others.
• Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
• Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
3. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources.
We do this in three main ways:
• You provide some of it directly (such as registering for resources or our newsletter).
• We record some of it automatically when you use our site (including with technologies like cookies). We’ve described this in more detail below.
(a) Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register for resources or our newsletter. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as inquiries or posts to parts of our website. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
(b) Personal information obtained from your use of our Site
When you use our Site, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information in our mobile apps. We also get information about your interactions with our site, though we use this in anonymous, aggregated or pseudonymized form which does not focus on you individually. We use this data to evaluate, provide, protect or improve our Services (including by developing new products and services).
4. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
• Provision of the Services. Provide and personalise our Services and respond to your enquiries.
• Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails.
• Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
• Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Jen Smollett Coaching Ltd.
• Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
• Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
• Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g. to protect our Users from abuse).
• Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests. We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
• Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
• Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your contact details to effectively deliver our coaching programme.
• Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
• Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. We have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
• To operate the Jen Smollett Coaching business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
• To provide ongoing Services, including any personalised services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing ongoing accountability and support.
• To anonymize and subsequently use anonymized information.
• Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
5. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
• Users. Kajabi provides Jen Smollett Ltd. with information about what web page you visited before coming to this site and how you have interacted with this site. This is so that we can analyse the usage of our site and improve our services.
• Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
• Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms and Conditions) prevent fraud or abuse of the website. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• Advertising. We share personal information with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness. For example, we may share your pseudonymized email address with a third party social media platform on which we advertise to avoid serving Jen Smollett Coaching ads to people who are already clients.
6. Your rights and choices
You can update, change or request for your personal information to be deleted by contacting us at [email protected] to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instruction in communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
7. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, the parties we use assure us that they maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in their possession.
8. How we retain your personal information
We retain personal information provided by you whilst we continue to serve a purpose in communicating with you, either through services provided to you or marketing communication – until you ask us to remove this information.
We will retain information provided and logs of our conversations with you up to 3 years after working with you, at which point they will be removed from our systems, if you would like for these to be deleted earlier than this point please contact us on [email protected]
9. Privacy Shield
The host for this website is Kajabi, Inc who has certified its compliance to the Privacy Shield. If you have a question or complaint you believe to be within the scope of the Privacy Shield certification, please contact Kajabi first at [email protected]
11. How to contact us